6.9.10

T-Minus 7 Days

Or, get a bloody move on!

Labour day was spent being productive. Being laborious, so to speak. Sadly, E did not embrace the double entendre of the day and lay a baby.

The birthing ball is fully inflated, as is the tub. A tarp is laid for spills. The hose is still a problem and heating it to stretch it over the faucet did not yield too much of a success but I'm working on it. I've begun to think that we have the thickest faucet in Canada. The bucket's sterile, though. So now it's just a matter of drumming our fingers and waiting. I'm trying to figure out if we've made a mistake by being so prepared - there's nothing to do!

I cleaned the oven for the first time in a year. Is that news? The bloody thing was oozing more grease than a really greasy thing oozing itself out. I've got nothing.

If Henchel hasn't fully engaged yet, he is well on his way as E's belly is a good 2-3cm lower. I've taken to placing my hand on top of her belly to encourage him to use it as a platform to push off of and swim for the light.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/9/10 08:19

    If everything is done at your house, you could come to my house and clean the oven. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect some continuing PTSD for the next week or two as a result of the experience. I will let you know as soon as I've recovered.

    ReplyDelete